Thursday 3 November 2011

how (not) to move house - God does it His way (part 3)

The offer on the house dipped a little below the line. We didn't want to lose this buyer but needed more than was on the table. We talked, prayed and decided on a number. As an aside this happened to be a number I had thought of when first considering selling. Unfortunately I had brushed this aside feeling it didn't make sense and that I'd probably just plucked it out of the air.

The buyer accepted! Not just that but he was a cash buyer. We sell, he buys. House selling doesn't get more simple.

Hang on...have I said 'praise God' yet?

PRAISE GOD!

Now all we need to do is find a place for us. Something the following weeks revealed not to be so simple. Returning to that initial prompt time and again we trawled the options but there just wasn't anything. Sat at my laptop one evening I searched 'Christian places to rent'. My attitude was one of 'can't hurt to try' but, once again, God reveals Himself in a way that makes me sit up and take note.

The first place was ideal. The price was everything we had hoped for. Perhaps more unbelievably was that the couple who had posted it had only decided to do so the night before we found it. We got in touch straight away, ran with it and that is where we are now living.

We just needed the exchange and completion to go through...

No comments:

Post a Comment